Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homophobia, Hypocrisy, the Social Poison that is Faith

I don't think it's just me noticing this, but religion seems to be marching loudly at the forefront of the 'We hate everyone and everything parade' lately. Still, religion doesn't cause every evil. Some of it is championed by spoiled meatheads.

Homophobia
Recently the National Times has run an article on the insular and poisonously homophobic community that is Aussie Rules football. This does not surprise me. I've never liked football. It always seems to be populated by ignorant, date-raping boofheads. When complete tools like Jason Akermanis feel the need to spout nonsense in public and get paid for it, it becomes apparent that only something as pointless and ethically bankrupt as the AFL could produce such a wanker. So, go read this. Not only does it paint a damning picture of the idiotic bigotry of the AFL, it also raises another interesting point that I had never known. Did you know that the AFL pays no tax? Me either. TAX THESE FUCKING BASTARDS TO DEATH NOW!

Hypocrisy
You know it, I know it, we all know it. The most vigorously anti-gay political party in the United States churns out closeted scandals so often it's just not even remotely funny anymore. Here's another to add to the long, long list.

The Social Poison That Is Faith
Ask me next week, ask me next month, and I might be a bit calmer, but lately I have zero time for organised religion. At the moment, my rage against them is kept at a constant boiling point by a never-ending litany of hate and injustice that these cockbags perpetrate with a smile. I have zero time for the fundamentalists - bigots and morons without exception - and I have zero time for the weak-knee moderate apologists who just sit around and simper, while frauds, liars, scumbags and crooks gleefully transform their so-called 'loving' beliefs into a fascist revolution. It is into this seething mood of furious opposition that Americans United have produced this handy primer on the evils committed by faith groups when they attempt to dominate social policy. It focuses mainly on the agenda of gayhate pogroms that the faithful would implement without a second's hesitation. If you want to learn more about the religious hatred that spills into other areas, such as science, saving our environment from total collapse, overt racism and Hitler-sympathy, and the complete disdain for women, then I advise you to simply open your eyes and fucking look around

0 comments:

Post a Comment